So as I sit in my room on my whopping 45 minute break from a 14 hour day at the restaurant, I start to realize how much time I have left in the District. Now that I’ve accepted the offer for graduate school, I have a little over three months to do everything I’ve meant to do over the past few years that I’ve spent here. A few of these are repeats that I’d like to get in before I leave. Some I can do myself, but most I’d rather do with a friend to make them more ridiculous slash memorable. Here are the ones that I came up with, but, by all means, add to the list as you see fit.
– Go to the Holocaust Museum. I know, right? Mwong mwong…
– Tour the National Cathedral, even though I lived across the street for three months.
– Go to several more Nats games.
– A few more trips to Annapolis.
– Some more 9.30 club concerts.
– Another White House tour, since I was 8 the last time and a different Bush was in power.
– Food from three new ethnicities or countries I’ve never tried.
– Kickball on the Mall.
– Visit Mount Vernon.
– Go to Medieval Times and/or Piratz Tavern. Wasted.
– Eat at several restaurants, including but not limited to – BLT Bistro, Acadiana, Palena, Makoto, 2 Amy’s.
I’ve got to have a better list than this, right? Help me out.